Takeover Here, Takeover There, Here a Takeover, There a Takeover, Everywhere a Takeover Takeover
Posted by politicalpartypooper on February 25, 2010
It’s Thursday, February 25th, 2010. Today is the big day! It’s Health Care Bowl 1, being held inside of the Blair House in Washington DC, but the real action might be taking place outside of the Blair House, where Moveon.Org and the TeaPartiers will be protesting outside. I’ve got money on the Teapartiers in the eleventh round, technical knockout, but not before they are penalized repeatedly for hitting below the belt.
Seriously, these two groups may just charge each other.
But the main event today is what Politicalpartypooper is doing.
Republicans have constantly cited the Democrats health care plan as a government takeover, so today, we are going to list all of the government takeovers in American history. I encourage you to join in and add any I may have missed, as we continue this Republican theme of government dominance:
1. No government takeover list could ever be complete without the first government takeover in American history, a government takeover of government.
2. You civil war buffs will love this one, as it was an attempted government takeover of half the government of these United States of America.
3. A government takeover of banks
4. Another government takeover of banks
5. The government takeover of the Pony Express
6. Government takeover of the Army
7. A government takeover of our police force
8. A government takeover of our fire protection services
9. Government takeover of our national highway system
10. A government takeover of schools
11. A government takeover of tax collection
12. A government takeover of our public universities
13. Government takeover of Radio
14. Government takeover of the legal system
15. Government takeover of Land Grants
16. Government takeover of Indians…ahem, native Americans
17. Government takeover of Space and the moon, and Mars, and Saturn, and the Sun and on and on and on
18. A government takeover of Natural Resources
19. A government takeover of National Parks
20 Government takeover of World War 2
21. A government takeover of civil rights
22. Government takeover of elections
23. A government takeover of immigration
24. A government takeover of National monuments
25. A government takeover of our borders.
There are many, many more. Be sure to list your favorites in the comments. Ω